Buy Cheap Tickets Online
At CheapoTickets.co, we check all the major travel sites each week to bring the cheapest ticket deals to you. We don’t sell the the cheapest tickets online, but we tell you who does. Check the table below before you buy airline tickets online to make sure you’re getting the best possible deal.
|Travel Site||Ticket Specials|
|Expedia||Save up to $525 when you book your flight and hotel together. Save up to 50% off with ASAP deals.|
|Travelocity||Early Booking Bonus: Save up to 45% & get up to $400 in resort coupons.|
|Orbitz||Get the lowest price tickets or a 110% refund|
|CheapOAir||Save $15 with promo code ADVENTURE15. Code expires on 31 July 2013.|
|Priceline||Round-Trip Flights Under $150.
Last-Minute Deals Up to 60% off: Flights, Hotels, Cars, Packages.
|Kayak||Compare hundreds of travel sites at once to find cheap airline deals.|
|Airfare.com||Save up to 70% off published airfares on major Airlines.|
|JetBlue||Great Deals on Las Vegas Getaways|
|Southwest||Receive $100 instant savings at Universal Orlando Resort when you book a flight + hotel package for 3 nights or more. Plus, save up to 30% on Onsite Hotels.|
|CheapAir.com||$10 off flights to Colorado ski destinations - Coupon Code: colorado10
Specials last updated:
Guide to Getting Cheap Tickets, Airline and Beyond
Air travel is something that most of us do at one time or another. Whether it’s taking a trip across country for pleasure or hopping a plane for business purposes. Yet with the way the economy has hit the air travel market in recent years, it has become more costly. A flight that was just $100 five years ago has doubled or even tripled since that time. While it may seem like air travel is simply no longer affordable, that is not the case. It is just a matter of knowing how to score the cheap tickets!
Cheap Ticket Tips
If you simply log online to purchase your plane ticket without doing any research or homework, you are bound to pay a lot. You will certainly pay more than you would if you slowed your purchase down just a little and included a few tips and tricks to help you get a cheaper flight. Here are some tips to keep in mind when trying to find a cheap ticket for your next flight, whether for business or pleasure:
• Shop around. While this is something that you have probably heard before, many people don’t take the time to actually do it. If you do, you are likely to save some money. Visit several sites, including travel sites and the airline site itself, to play around and see what type of rates you can come up with. Then you will need to compare the prices of the various options in order to come up with the best deal. Some may offer special perks for buying your ticket with them, which will add to your overall savings.
• Try different days. Logging on to buy airline tickets on the weekend may not be your best move. The cheapest tickets can usually be found mid-week. This is when airlines have come out with their latest sales and promotions and the others have had an opportunity to fall in line and adjust their pricing. If you are not in a rush to buy, check the prices for a couple of days in a row to see if they fluctuate, buying when they are at their cheapest. If they go up some on the weekend, don’t worry. Wait until Tuesday or Wednesday and then do your search again. There’s a good chance it was only a temporary rise in pricing, and it will have come back down by then.
• Be flexible. Having dates that are set in stone will not do much to help you get the cheapest airline tickets. If you can be a little flexible, you are bound to get a better deal. Flying on a Friday, for example, is usually going to cost you more. But if you can wait until Sunday, you will probably have a sizable savings. When you are doing your search for flights, try up to several days before and after, going each way, so you can see the difference. If you can swing it with your plans, it may be worth moving around your dates in order to get a cheap flight.
• Purchase early. While you want to purchase around 3-4 weeks ahead of your flight to get the cheapest rate, you will probably want to avoid months in advance. Booking too early may not give you the cheap tickets you are seeking. Also, if you can help it, avoid purchasing days before the flight, or on the day you need to fly. In most cases, you will pay a hefty premium for doing this. There are some times last minute cheap flights that can be snagged, but you will need to be flexible and shouldn’t rely upon this route if you can help it.
• Save seats. Most airlines begin charging for children once they are two years old. Take the free on the lap option until you no longer can. This will save you money. Plus, you may even get lucky and have an unused seat next to you that you can use anyway.
• Consider other airports. You may be able to get a cheaper rate if you fly into a nearby airport. Check it out before purchasing tickets to the airport you really want. The savings may be substantial enough to warrant the slight deviation.
• Compare fees. It kind of goes without saying today that the fees airlines are charging will need to be compared when determining the cheapest ticket. Consider what they are charging for things like checking a bag, using WiFi, and picking your seat. Another fee to consider is if there are fuel surcharges and fees for making changes, should you need to make them. These are all fees that will add to the price of your ticket.
• Find additional savings. In the end, if airline travel is your preferred method of travel, you will need to take your pick. If you didn’t find the cheapest ticket, and even if you did, consider other ways you can save with your travel. All the additional savings can add up to help offset the cost of your airline ticket. Such things as saving on car rentals, hotels, and entertainment will help. Also, if you can, opt for using a credit card to pay for it that will give you cash back or allows you to earn points toward goods and services.
Cheap Tickets Beyond Airfare
The tips above can be applied to finding cheap tickets for many things beyond your flight. You can use the same type of ideas to find cheap tickets to concerts, shows, or to travel by bus, train, or take a cruise. The bottom line is that doing a little legwork before making your ticket selection is going to help you get cheap tickets, or at least cheaper. Visiting Colorado, Washington, Oregon, or Alaska? Be sure to visit Cheapoweed.com to find the lowest legal marijuana prices before you arrive.
The airlines may have had to increase their flight tickets. But that doesn’t mean you have to buy the first one that pops up on to the screen or that the travel agent tells you about. In fact, you shouldn’t. Being more patient and investigative can lead to big rewards when it comes time to making that final selection!